SIGNATURIZE MOBILE APPLICATION – END USER LICENCE AGREEMENT
Signaturize Limited is a company registered in England under company number 11520841, with its registered office at 1 Burwood Place, London, Greater London, United Kingdom, W2 2UT, with VAT number 317288293 and main trading address at Cranmore House, Suite D, 611 Lisburn Rd, Belfast, BT9 7GT (the “Company“). The Company operates this official Signaturize mobile application (the “App“).
- Understanding these terms
- This end user licence agreement (this “EULA“) describes how you may download the App and access and use the App and the services made available through the App (the “Services“). By accessing the App, this EULA will apply to you and you agree to the terms of this EULA. You should therefore read the terms carefully before using the App.
- When certain words and phrases are used in this EULA, they have specific meanings (these are known as “defined terms“). You can identify these defined terms because they start with capital letters (even if they are not at the start of a sentence). Where a defined term is used, it has the meaning given to it in the section of this EULA where it was defined (you can find these meanings by looking at the sentence where the defined term is included in brackets and speech marks).
- In this EULA, when we refer to “we“, “us” or “our“, we mean the Company; and when we refer to “you” or “your” we mean you, the person accessing or using the App. Please note:
- if you are accessing and using the App for purposes that are wholly or mainly outside of your trade, business, craft or profession, you are acting as a “consumer”; or
- if you are accessing and using the App for purposes relating to your trade, business, craft or profession, you are acting in the course of a business and will be considered a “Business User”.
- Using the App for professional purposes is not permitted unless you have taken out a subscription with us that entitles you to use the App in the course of your business (a “Business Subscription”). Only Business Users can take out a Business Subscription.
- If you do not have an active Business Subscription, by accepting this EULA, you represent to us that you are acting as a consumer and not for purposes relating to your trade, business, craft or profession.
- This App requires a smartphone or other mobile device running the iOS operating system (the device you use, the “Device“) and, to download the App and to access the latest features, you will need Internet access.
- Please note, however, that certain functions made available on the App are governed by additional terms and conditions, including:
- if you are a consumer, any account for our services taken out by you (an “Account“), which is governed by our account terms applicable at the time an account is registered (the “Account Terms“); and
- any Business Subscription taken out by you, which is governed by the terms applicable to your Business Subscription at the time you registered for a Business Subscription with us (the “Subscription Terms“);
- In addition to clause 1.7 above, please note that:
- to download the App, you must also review and agree to the additional app terms set out in appendix 1 to this EULA and any other terms and conditions imposed by the app store from which you have downloaded the App; and
- If you are a Business User, in the event of any conflict between this EULA and the Subscription Terms, the Subscription Terms shall take precedence over this EULA.
- The App
- The App is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that the App, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to the App is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the App without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason the App is unavailable at any time or for any period. We may update the App and/or change the content on it at any time.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the App. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the App through your internet connection are aware of this EULA and that they comply with them.
- The App and the content on it are provided for general information purposes only. They are not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
- If you are a consumer, you may only use the App for your own domestic, private and non-commercial use.
- Your account
- If you are a consumer that wishes to subscribe for our services for non-commercial use, then you will need to register an Account with us on the App in order to access certain services available on the App. To complete the registration process, you will need to review and accept our Account Terms which shall form a binding contract between you and us to govern your use of your Account.
- If you are a Business User that wishes to subscribe for our services, then you will need to register an Account with us on the Website to register an Account in order to subscribe for, and access, those services.
- Acceptable use
- You agree:
- not to use the App to develop or provide, directly or indirectly, any product or service that competes with our business;
- not to use the App in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose or in any manner inconsistent with this EULA;
- not to infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the App (to the extent that such use if not licensed under this EULA);
- not to transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the App;
- not to use the App by automated means or otherwise for the purposes of scraping, extracting or otherwise obtaining any material from the App for use within a third party website or application;
- not to collect or harvest any information or data from the App or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmission to or from the servers running the App;
- not to copy, or otherwise reproduce or re-sell any part of the App unless expressly permitted to do so in this EULA or, if you are a Business User, the Subscription Terms;
- not to disassemble, decompile, reverse-engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the App or its contents, or attempt to do any such thing;
- not to rent, lease, sub-license, loan, translate, merge, adapt, vary or modify the App;
- not to make alterations to, or modifications of, the whole or any part of the App, or permit the App or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs;
- to keep all copies of the App secure and to maintain accurate and up-to-date records of the number and locations of all copies of the App;
- not to provide or otherwise make available the App in whole or in part (including object and source code) in any form to any person without prior written consent from us; and
- to comply with all technology control or export laws and regulations that apply to the technology used or supported by the App.
- You acknowledge that you have no right to have access to the App in source-code form.
- We do not guarantee that the App will be totally secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access the App and we recommend that you use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse the App by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the App, the server on which the App is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the App. You must not attack the App via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit criminal offences. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the App will cease immediately.
- Intellectual property
- We grant to you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable licence to use the App on the Devices provided that you comply with the terms of this EULA and the documents referred to in it. We reserve all other rights.
- We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the App and its content, the Signaturize name and mark. Those works are protected by intellectual property laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You are not granted any right to use, and may not use, any of our intellectual property rights other than as set out in this EULA and, if you are a Business User, the Subscription Terms. You must not use the App (or any part of it or its content) for commercial purposes without an active Business Subscription; however, you may download material from the App solely for non-commercial, personal use by you without an active Business Subscription.
- Save as permitted in the Subscription Terms (if you are a Business User), no part of the App, including, without limitation, the text, designs, graphics, photographs and images contained in it, may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, re-posted, modified, transmitted or distributed or otherwise used in any way for any non-personal, public or commercial purpose without our prior written consent.
- Any communications or materials you send to us through the App by electronic mail or other means will be treated as non-proprietary and non-confidential (other than communications in respect of your order if you use the App to buy products from us). We are free to publish, display, post, distribute and otherwise use any ideas, suggestions, concepts, designs, know-how and other information contained in such communications or material for any purpose, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, advertising and marketing us and our products.
- Our liability
- Nothing in this EULA excludes or limits our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and
- any matter in respect of which it would be unlawful for us to exclude or restrict our liability.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites or mobile applications linked to from the App (including links to our commercial sponsors and partners). Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites or mobile applications. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- The App may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. We make no representations about the reliability, availability, timeliness or accuracy of the content included on the App.
- We are not liable for, and take no responsibility for, any content uploaded by users to the App.
- Nothing in this EULA excludes or limits our liability for:
If you are a consumer
- If you are a consumer then, save as set out in clause 6.1, the following sub-clauses apply:
- If we fail to comply with this EULA, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of this EULA or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it was an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time that you accessed the App.
- Nothing in this EULA affects your statutory rights. Advice about your statutory rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
- You agree not to use the App, or any content on the App, for any commercial or business purposes and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- Our maximum liability to you under this EULA is limited to £100.
If you are a Business User
- If you are a Business User then, subject to clause 6.1:
- in no event shall we be liable to you for any loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of contracts, failure to realise anticipated savings or for any indirect or consequential loss, whether arising from negligence, breach of contract or otherwise; and
- our total liability to you for any loss or damage arising out of or in connection with these Terms, whether in contract (including under any indemnity), tort (including negligence) or otherwise shall be limited to £100.
- If you are a Business User, you shall indemnify and hold us harmless against any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses suffered or incurred by us and/or our affiliates as a result of any breach of this EULA.
- Suspension and termination
- Either you or we may terminate this EULA at any time for any reason.
- issue a warning to you;
- temporarily or permanently withdraw your right to use the App;
- suspend or terminate your Account;
- issue legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs resulting from the breach (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs);
- take further legal action against you; and/or
- disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary to do so.
- If we withdraw your right to use the App, then:
- all rights granted to you under this EULA shall cease;
- you must immediately cease all activities authorised by this EULA, including your use of any services provided through the App; and
- you must immediately delete or remove the App from all Devices, and immediately destroy all copies of the App then in your possession, custody or control and certify to use that you have done so.
- Changes to this EULA
- We may make changes to the terms of this EULA from time to time (if, for example, there is a change in the law that means we need to change this EULA). We will provide you with at least seven days’ advance notice of any such changes. If you do not wish to continue using the App following the changes to the EULA, you can cancel your agreement to this EULA by cancelling your Account. If you are a Business User, please note that cancellation of your Account in accordance with this clause will not result in termination of the Subscription Terms, which must be cancelled in the manner set out therein.
- From time to time updates to the App may be issued through the relevant app store. Depending on the update, you may not be able to use the App until you have downloaded the latest version of the App and accepted any new terms.
- You will be assumed to have obtained permission from the owners of any Devices that are controlled, but not owned, by you to download a copy of the App onto the Devices. You and they may be charged by your and their service providers for internet access on the Devices. You accept responsibility in accordance with the terms of this EULA for the use of the App or the Services on or in relation to any Device, whether or not it is owned by you.
- Other important information
- Each of the clauses of this EULA operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining clauses will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under this EULA, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- If you are a consumer who is resident in the European Union and you wish to have more information on online dispute resolution, please follow this link to the website of the European Commission: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. This link is provided as required by Regulation (EU) No 524/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council, for information purposes only. We are not obliged to participate in online dispute resolution.
- Governing law and jurisdiction
- This EULA is governed by the laws of England and Wales. This means that your access to and use of the App, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection therewith (including non-contractual disputes or claims), will be submitted governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- If you are a Business User, you and we irrevocably agree that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with this EULA or its subject matter or formation.
- If you are a consumer, you may bring any dispute which may arise under this EULA to – at your discretion – either the competent court of England, or to the competent court of your country of habitual residence if this country of habitual residence is within the United Kingdom or is an EU Member State, which courts are – with the exclusion of any other court – competent to settle any of such a dispute. We shall bring any dispute which may arise under this EULA to the competent court of your country of habitual residence if this within the United Kingdom or is in an EU Member State, or otherwise the competent court of England.
- If you are a consumer and you are resident in the United Kingdom or the European Union and we direct this App to your country of residence, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which you are resident. Nothing in this EULA, including clause 10.1, affects your rights as a consumer to rely on such mandatory provisions of local law.
- Contacting us
Should you have any reasons for a complaint, we will endeavour to resolve the issue and avoid any re-occurrence in the future. You can always contact us by clicking here or by using the following details:
Attn: Customer Support
1 Burwood Place
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: +44 (0) 20 3051 2775
Terms last updated: 21.01.21
Additional App Terms
The following terms and conditions shall apply to your use of the App in addition to those set out in this EULA.
For the purpose of this appendix 1, “Appstore Provider” means the provider of the app store through which you have downloaded the App (for example, Apple is the Appstore Provider if you have downloaded the App from the Apple App Store, Google is the Appstore Provider if you have downloaded the App from Google Play, etc).
- You acknowledge and agree that this EULA has been concluded between you and us, and not with the Appstore Provider. You acknowledge and agree that the Appstore Provider is not responsible for the App and its content.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Appstore Provider has no obligation to provide any maintenance or support in respect of the App. Should you have any problems in using the App, please contact us as set out in clause 11 above.
- In the event that the App does not conform with any product warranty provided for by this EULA, the Appstore Provider may provide you with a refund of the price that you paid to purchase the App (if any). The Appstore Provider shall, to the maximum extent permitted by law, have no obligation to you whatsoever with respect to the App.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Appstore Provider shall not be responsible for addressing any claims that you might have relating to the App, including (without limitation): product liability claims; any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- In the event that a third party claims that the App infringes its intellectual property rights, we (and not the Appstore Provider) shall be solely responsible for the investigation, defence, settlement and discharge of such claim.
- You warrant and represent that: (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
If the Appstore Provider is Apple, you acknowledge and agree that Apple and its subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries to this EULA. Upon your acceptance of this EULA, Apple will have the right to enforce the EULA against you as a third party beneficiary.