SIGNATURIZE PRIVACY NOTICE
What does this notice cover?
Signaturize is an online platform for real-time interior design. Signaturize brings together interior designers, service providers, sellers of home goods, other businesses, homeowners, renters, and others that care about design.
This notice describes how Signaturize Ltd (also referred to as “Signaturize”, “we” or “us”) will make use of your data when you download and use our applications, make use of our website or portals or provide your information to receive copies of customised content and design information.
It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which Signaturize carries out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “What rights do I have?” section.
Summary of how we use your data
- Signaturize uses your personal data to provide you with its applications and websites, including providing you with personalised content, design information and to manage your purchases (including processing your payments) as well as allowing you to purchase products from third party service providers on our platform . Data may be collected from you, or from a business partner or interior designer who has made use of our app to help you with your project or communicate with you in relation to a transaction.
- Data is shared with a number of data processors, who help us provide the Signaturize platform, carry out payment processing and with analytical services. Your data may also be accessible by our business partners where you are a consumer who has input your information into the Signaturize app at a home retailer or who is working with an interior designer.
- Where we rely on your consent, such as for sending you marketing communications, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
What information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and our websites and apps, and when you register, create an account or take a subscription from us or make a purchase of a product through our apps. This will typically be provided directly by you, and may include information you provide on registration or in the processing of your purchase, such as your name, address, email address, budget, images you upload, the products you purchase and payment details. The details being provided by you will be made clear in forms you complete or will be provided directly by you through the application or websites, in taking a subscription, products, or otherwise volunteering information in communications or content you provide us.
What information do we generate or receive from third parties?
We may generate or collect information about you ourselves. Much of this is set out in our Cookies section below. Where you are a consumer, we will usually collect data from you, but we may collect data about you from a business partner or interior designer who has made use of our app to help you with your project. This information may include your contact details – so that content can be sent to you – as well as details about your project such as your budget, tastes or preferences and wider design information and the products you have purchased from them through our platform.
Sometimes, we receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you login to our site or app using Facebook Connect you will be asked if you wish to share information from your Facebook account with us. If you use a “like” or a “share” button for a feature on our sites or apps, then the third party will share information with us about this. If you participate in activities on other sites or apps – such as participating in a Facebook application – you may allow us to have access to personal data held by Facebook, or other site or app owners. We may also obtain information about you from third party analytics providers, which we may use to help us better understand our users, improve our products and services and send them appropriate offers and information. We may also obtain information about you from third party demographics providers, which we may use to help us better understand our users and send them appropriate offers and information.
How do we use this information, and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process this personal data for the following purposes:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: this is relevant where you create an account, take a subscription or products from us. This includes:
- verifying your identity;
- taking payments;
- communicating with you; and
- providing customer services and arranging the delivery or other provision of products or services.
- As required by Signaturize to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- connecting you with business partners and/or other users when you choose to share projects with them/engage their services or buy their products
- we monitor and analyse use of our websites and online services, and use your information to help us monitor, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites ;
- we use information you provide to personalise our website, products or services for you and to run offers and promotions through our website where this is permitted without your consent;
- if you provide a credit or debit card as payment, we also use third parties to process that payment and check the validity of the card number you submit in order to prevent fraud (see data sharing below);
- we use information you provide to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our website or our products or services;
- we will use data in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation); and
- we use data of some individuals to invite them to take part in market research;
- Where you give us consent:
- we will send you direct marketing in relation to our relevant products and services, or that of our relevant business partners and interior designers so that they can do the same;
- we place cookies and use similar technologies in accordance with our Cookies Policy and the information provided to you when those technologies are used; and
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time;
- For purposes which are required by law, we will provide data in response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation and comply with any legal obligations upon us such as holding financial records.
Withdrawing consent or otherwise objecting to direct marketing
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above. In some cases, we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our legitimate interests. You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing, or profiling we carry out for direct marketing, at any time. You can do this by following the instructions in the communication where this is an electronic message, by making changes to your preferences on the logged-in sections of our sites and applications, or by contacting us using the details set out below.
What cookies and/or tracking technologies does Signaturize use?
When you visit one of our websites or portals, we may also collect, process and use information about you and your use of the website, including any forums you visit and how you arrived at our site. Such information may be collected through “traffic data” and may entail the use of “cookies” or other tracking technologies, IP Addresses or other numeric codes used to identify your computer. For more information on Cookies please click on the link to our Cookies Policy
Apple iOS, Android and other mobile or smart devices
By accessing an application from these devices you consent to cookies being stored to your device (and other tracking technologies being used to read data from your device) for the following purposes: keeping you logged in, ensuring that an appropriate version of content is presented and analytics. Many of these cookies and technologies are essential to the operation of the application. It is not currently possible to opt out or remove these cookies (or prevent use of these technologies) from the device without deleting the application.
Who will we share this data with, where and when?
Personal data will be shared with third party service providers, who will process it on behalf of Signaturize for the purposes identified above. In particular, we use third party providers of hosting, fraud prevention and payment processing services. We also use third party analytical tools, which process your data to help us get better insights into our users and allow us to improve our services and promotions. Your data may also be accessible by our business partners where you are a consumer who has input your information into the Signaturize app at a home retailer, who is working with an interior designer, or has shared a project with a business partner.
You can also instigate sharing yourself, such as by sharing with another user. In particular, if you share or transfer a project to a contact with an account on the Service, then that contact may access your email address and that project’s details including design, idea board, and sourcing board. That contact may then share or transfer project details with their contacts. If you are a consumer working with an interior designer or business client, your information may also be shared by that third party. You should ask them to provide you with more details about how they might share this information. If you or your interior designer or business partner mark your project inspirational then others within your account may then access your email address and that project’s details including design, idea board, and sourcing board. That contact may then also share or transfer project details with their contacts. Signaturize will also be able to view this project, and share this all types of users across the platform – if you are working with an interior designer or business partner, you should discuss with them if you wish them to restrict sharing of your data.
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
In the event that the business is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
Where information is shared with our service providers, this may be shared with countries outside the UK and EEA. Where information is transferred outside the EEA and UK, and where this is to a stakeholder or vendor in a country that is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission, data is adequately protected by EU Commission approved standard contractual clauses or a vendor’s Processor Binding Corporate Rules. A copy of the relevant mechanism can be provided for your review on request using the contact details set out below.
What rights do I have?
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, where they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. Relevant exemptions are included in both the GDPR and in local laws, such as the Data Protection Act 2018. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
To exercise any of these rights, or to obtain other information, such as a copy of a legitimate interests balancing test, you can get in touch with us – or our data protection officer – using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to a UK or EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
We indicate which data is mandatory when you first sign up for the service. If this information is not provided, we cannot provide our services. Other information is optional, such as details of your preferences, but if you do not provide this when we may not be able to provide you a fully personalised service.
How do I get in touch with you?
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out of direct marketing, you can get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Data Protection, Signaturize Ltd, The Refinery London, 13 Radnor Walk, London, SW3 4BP.
How long will you retain my data?
Where we process registration data, or otherwise in connection with performing a contract or processing for a competition, we do this for as long as you are an active user of our sites and for at least 6 years after this.
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data indefinitely so that we can respect your request in future.
Effective Date: This Privacy Notice was updated September 10th, 2020 and is effective as of that date.